Thursday, December 10, 2009

Still cool here


so, this is what driver did today made a quick run to Home Depot and came back with this. It has a thermostatically controlled fan so turns on and off as needed. Sometimes our circuit breakers determine the need...
not a good wiring job on this fifth wheel. Everything seems to be on the same circuit and that includes my curling iron and hair dryer.

We are grateful that we don't have the zero temps but are really wishing for more sunshine. He made the comment today that if we were staying here longer he would consider buying a Sportster that he saw advertised on a bulletin board at the Greater Houston Ice House. My comment was "we could stay here all winter as far as I'm concerned." And go to the other spots for a few days at a time. We'll see. I like being near the fam.


Here's a picture of the Ice House. When we were there it really was an ice house. Cold-cause they were having a problem with the heating system. Finally the bartender decided to change the batteries in the thermostat and waaalaaa it worked. The ice houses here are just metal buildings all open on the interior and high ceilings. They serve a lot of Harley riders. Nice folks work there and it's interesting cause they only serve wine (small individual bottles) and beer but you can bring your own liquor and they will mix for you. Prices are quite reasonable during happy hour. $5.25 for a Heiny and a glass of white zin. They had a 1930 Harley inside. The lady said that when they made an offer to buy the land they indicated that if the Harley would be included they would buy the land. And they ended up with both-




Oh another neat thing from today- while I was taking the Rock man for a walk today I smelled smoke like campfire smoke-in this campground. I really doubted it but my nose is pretty good at identifying smells. Continued our walk and cleaned up a mess he made and then I see this ...........articulated bus converted into a
camper. They have a woodburner inside apparently cause I could see the chimney and the smoke coming out of it. Not kidding you



See here............................................................................... see the smoke coming out of the center?


So if you've ever wondered what to do with your articulated bus, here's the answer.

The most interesting things can be found in
Texas. I'm still on the lookout for the most amazing. I will keep you posted and be aware that soon, very soon I will be posting a picture of our Charlie tree. It is cute but still needs some finishing touches before it's ready for publication.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!