Friday, January 13, 2012

Packing up our Wheel Home to go camping....

We are going camping!  Found a Texas State Park that had an opening so Scott and family will be camping with us.  Kids are off for Martin Luther King Day, so a long weekend for us.  Looking forward to engaging
in one of our all time favorite things to do as family.  Some say "So if you live with these folks 24-7 why would you want to camp with them on the weekends".  We do, because we enjoy their company and no one in particular has to clean for company, or serve luscious food, or clean up afterwards. Pictures will be forthcoming, you can be sure. We will always enjoy camping with our friends and family.  It's something the gkids have enjoyed as much as we do.  It will never grow old.  Cooking out, campfires at night, early morning bacon on the griddle outside, nothing finer. 

Got a new camera and I do mean new!  I've never had a Nikon before.  But I bought a P500.  Any hints or thoughts on this camera would be appreciated.  I thought all point and shoot cameras were virtually the same
but this one operates a bit differently.  Now let's hope that I can use it to it's fullest.  It takes movies, too.  This is merely a warning. Be prepared for some bad movies to be arriving via blog. 

Did you know that you can make cinnamon rolls on your waffle iron?  I tried it this morning and you would not believe how fast these little babies disappeared.  But in the process of waffle-ing the Pillsbury rolls the smell was to die for.  Just like I was baking in the oven....but only a 2 1/2 minute wait.

This is only half-the other half, well let's just say with coffee it's the ultimate!  As they say "I can't believe we ate the whole thing". 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!