Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to my favorite bro! and the GMC

I could just cry! But she's getting a whole new side so she'll feel better real soon. The doors are nearby-the front fender will arrive on Monday. He's planning on having it painted by next Thursday and also get aligned on Thursday. And hopefully (fingers crossed) receive it on Friday next week. One week to go. He didn't realize that he would need to have a new front fender, but it didn't line up the way they wanted it to, so waalaa a new fender on the way.




I said to driver the guy that fixes these autos really should be considered an artist! To line everything up just so and to get the paint to match and blend surely takes an expert. We are so glad that these guys take their job seriously. I want to get a picture of the guy working on the truck when he gets it all done and then send the picture to the company. He is doing a bang up (pardon that pun) job on this. Today he was welding in the rocker panel joint.


So after that uplifting visit we drove on down to Corpus Christi and to a quilt store. Because driver was so patient while waiting for me I bought him lunch at Joe's Crabshack on the CC beach. Here's some of Corpus-such a beautiful town. Driver said he thinks he could live down here in Rockport. It's only about 20 miles from CC similar to the distance to Columbus from us.

Cloudy again today, but 72 and quite windy. So we couldn't sit outside.
This is Joe's and the view from the
table where we ate.


I hope that my Marine brother is having a wonderful birthday. I am so very proud of him; he's has such a great sense of humor. He makes me laugh. He makes me so proud. He's my hero for sure. I love ya, bro..... Happy birthday, Danny!






2 comments:

shari said...

Aw, you made me cry. Driver could not live down there!

grand daughter #1 said...

they have become a texan now shari :) There's no going back

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!