Monday, January 25, 2010

Texas fields...

When I think of fields I think of corn, beans, hay or something growing besides sagebrush and cactus. But in Texas this is what we see for miles and miles without another road, another house, another car, or another person. Occasionally we see a skinny ole cow looking for something to eat in these fields, but to see nothing but this for so long really gives one a lonely feeling.

We went for a ride this morning hoping to see another small town or something, but nadda. So we let Rocky walk around a bit until he wanted back in the car-the grass here has prickers in it and he
recognizes the type. So he much prefers to wait for more perfect footing to get out and do his thing. But we tried!



Stopped at the fruit stand in town and bought some Texas fruit. Oranges, apples and grapefruit. We've heard from our neighbor whom we shared this bounty with that the oranges are very good. They were grown in the "valley". Guess that should mean something, but to us it doesn't. They are pretty tho. I'll spare you a picture of those.

Such a gorgeous day today-the scooter was finally vindicated from it's bumper storage and got to go for a ride into town. Hooray. Let the fun begin. Now we are a two vehicle family once again. I want to go to the used book stores here in town and see if they have any quilt books. Speaking of quilts.....I have the second one pieced together.


Now, what will I do? I spose I'll head back to the
quilt store tomorrow and see about getting some backing for both of the tops. Doubt that I'll actually get them put together, but want to get the material ready for quilt process. The white squares in this picture are not really white white, but rather a tan color. The sun was so bright today that it altered the picture somewhat.

Tomorrow Penny and Bob will be down here. They had to cancel the last plan, but will be here for a couple of days and we are looking forward to that. We will go and stock up on the great shrimp for shrimp cocktail. That was our day today. Sure wish everyone could experience days like today every single day. Cause it was a gift.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!