Monday, December 26, 2011

It's a Christmas Explosion!

This is what we found when we arrived on Christmas morning.  Doesn't that look like some major fun had just happened?  It was such a nice day at Scott and Vickie's home.  Megan, Sarah and I stayed with our original plan to go see "War Horse" at the local theatre. It was such a good, feel good movie.  Steven Spielberg never disappoints.  Thumbs up for War Horse. 

So, while this was being prepped for the Green Egg; we were at the theatre.  So nice to come home to dinner ready to eat.  And it was yummy.  Vickie had made mashed potatoes and a green bean casserole to accompany this tasty, tender, prime cut of beef.  And a bit of wine was also enjoyed.  Melt in the mouth sweetness on all plates.

Think for New Years we will put a ham on the Green Egg and do a recipe that I have found on the forum.  Calls for injecting ham with maple syrup. 

So now for more fun stuff-Sarah has a foot fetish I have been told.  Last year she wanted and received a foot massager and bath.  This year she asked for and received a foot washer.  I never said that she was traditional or even always normal.....but she does have a clean foot!


And these kids really get into gaming.  Don't know who was the recipient of this particular game, but it was unique.  Reminded us of  the older Simon Says game.  And our future Navy Nuke was quite adept at it.  Apparently while we were at the movies he beat his dad and grandpa at Monopoly, too.  I hate Monopoly cause I can never win at that silly game.  And I didn't think gpa could be beat either.  I never could.  But then gpa probably was not aware he was playing with THE gamer of all times. Now he knows!  Way to go, Dustin.

Megan surprised us with this

Taking a picture of a picture is not always a good rendition of the original; but you can see what a true beautiful teenager, young woman she is.  Miss Joy took her out the previous week and took snapshots of her and of her son, Devin.  This is one of the pictures and it's OURS!  How sweet is that?  Thank you, Miss Joy and Miss Megan!  Love that picture and now I can hardly wait to get it home and put it on the wall.  I'm sure others will get their chance to see and obtain their own picture, too.  I put in appropriate requests for you all. 

Oh, and no blog posting could possibly be complete with anothe one of our favorite subjects:


 
I ask you...are these not the most adorable S & P shakers you have ever seen?  They're ours, too.  Thank you, Vickie and Scott!




1 comment:

shari said...

love the pics! Megan is a beauty! How does Sarah feel about only having a picture of her foot on here while Megan gets a beautiful picture of her face? Oh and dust bunny looks good to! Sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!