Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Adios amigos & S. P. I.

We are pulling out of here in the morning. It's been fun and we have enjoyed the weather immensely. So warm, so sunny and, yes, so windy. However, the Spring breakers don't seem to mind the wind. Betty and I cruised the beach and did the beach patrol thing yesterday. WOW, I cannot believe how young these kids look. A couple of boys came up to us and asked how we were doing, would we like a drink, where are we from, are we Winter Texans? They were nice polite kids (probably studying political science to become a politicians). We told them that their mothers sent us. Here's some of the fun on the beach yesterday.
You can see where the bongs are hanging on the plastic pipe concoction. The kids were standing in line to get to the bong. There were so many games going on that we were amazed. And also we wondered how and where these college kids got all the money that this two weeks of partying would cost. College kids, empty beer cans, bikini's, sunburns, music just all over the beach. It was something to see for sure.














We went for ride over to the Rio Grande River this week, too. That was neat to see. River looked just like any other river and we were amazed that at any place the Mexicans could swim or walk across the border into the U.S. And the same for us going into Mexico. The cactus are prolific here. Rocky is having a heck of a time going for walks cause he is always getting the round little burrs in his feet.

We saw a fleet of professional shrimp boats in Port Isabel. Isn't that a neat name for a town on the gulf? We have enjoyed our time here on S. Padre. We have met folks that frequent the Montana Owners Site. We have talked with total strangers in restaurants, servers, barmaids, fishermen, beauticians, and neighbors in the campground. All are so very friendly. They have all been welcoming to us and have invited us to return. Wish I could say that I had a gorgeous picture of a sunset over the gulf to close this post however, I do have a picture of a sunrise. I was merely seconds too late for the most colorful it was that morning. But this is still pretty, no? More pictures later-when the broadband is a bit quicker......

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!