I do feel like I am missing out on the exciting snow day that you guys in Ohio are getting today.
The pictures that you're sending look cold, and certainly different from what we are experiencing down here on the beaches. I did some shopping today, then met Steve in the Jake's Restaurant and Bar on South Padre. Interesting people in there to be sure. Talked to a nice guy (sans ponytail) who was giving us some history of the island. In walks a group of about 10 Red Bull girls. They were on bikes and were supposed to be serving Red Bull to the Spring Breakers on the beach. However, they found that they needed a health permit to do this so couldn't do their assigned tasks. Too bad! They walked their brand new bikes thru the restaurant and sat down outside on the patio. Then this nice guy who is sitting next to us says to the waiter "You should have your picture taken with the girls" He says "Nah". So we both, (nice guy next to us and myself) look at Steve and say "YOU SHOULD DO IT". He says yeah right. So nice guy at the bar next to us says, "Come on, I'll take the picture, you are of the age where it would be acceptable" huh? So he picks up Steve's camera and Steve follows him out to where the babes are eating. Here you go:

The others were busy paying their tab or I'm sure they would have been in the picture too. Seemed like nice polite girls and definately cute, young and tan. Nice combo, eh?
At any rate at Jake's I had my first unfrozen and unstrawberry Margarita. That would be called a Margarita on ice. And I liked it!
Hey, I took a really neat shot the other day when the wind was blowing so hard. I hope you all get a kick out of it like I did. 
Yesterday while driving around we saw a horse stable. Riding on the beach sounds like fun, right? This is what's in their stable.
They also had horses. And an ostrich. Didn't ride any of them tho. Beach riding would be fun in my mind.
Think I'll end for today as this broadband card is so slow. I suppose that there are about 700 other users in this park using the same tower. S L O W - S L O W - S L O W
2 comments:
Unbelievable!! Looks like dad is still really struggling with the whole retirement thing! How long are the girls going to be there?
This is not all that anonymous, is it? The reference to "dad" narrows it down quite a bit!!
Post a Comment