Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good bye to Texas.....

Tomorrow morning we will leave this state. That would be Texas. Texas is a large state. Texas is very diversified. Many nice cities with so many nice folks. We have enjoyed our time here and we'll be back. However, that all being said-here's my take on this state. Texans are full of themselves. They think Texas is qualified to fly their flag with the American flag, Mexican flag and the Canadian flag. Believe me-we saw it for ourselves and to top that off they do not fly the American flag any higher than the other three. Isn't that supposed to be the way they are displayed? Texans don't know that apparently! Texans don't use turn signals. Texans use the berm on the roadways as the 3rd lane or the 5th lane depending upon the number of lanes as we would know them in the other 49 states. Texans have their own insignias on their trucks. Made in Texas. Texas should have let Mexico keep some of this land, it is just too flippin big. But the weather is sure nice in the winter. And, we'll be back, of course, some of our Lewis' are here now, being temporary Texans. Until they come back home, we'll be here regularly.

I want to show you some other good things from Texas. Or what's left of them-

Winnie came bringing gifts of her famous homemade cinnamon rolls. And I want to tell you how wonderful they still are. I remember she would always have fresh cinnamon or yeast rolls nearly every time we were over there. I did this to the pan all by myself---for breakfast this morning. Delicious is not a good enough description. These are melt in your mouth goodness. It was so good to see the Texas Seiter's. Sorry I can't post a picture of them. But suffice it to say-we had a grand time. Bob and Winnie have the cutest little great grandson. And a sweet granddaughter. And of course their children and their spouses are top of the line Texans. And I mean that in a good way! My cousins.

We went into Grapevine, which is a suburb of Dallas. It had wineries and bead shops. Many interesting things to see and I know that Drew would have enjoyed seeing this-
it is an old passenger train that takes passengers to Fort Worth. It's about a 2 1/2 hr. ride. Then you spend a few hours in the stockyards in Ft. Worth and ride back again. Fun, eh? I wish we could have stayed longer and taken that day trip. But we could only be in this campground for two nights, due to spring break the campgrounds are full.




Another day in the truck tomorrow. Heading up north. I guess even if we do get a touch of winter after we get back home-it won't be as bad-cause after all we've had this wonderful Texas weather for several months now. And a snowy day or two is do-able now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is is awsome grandma

Love
Meg

Candace said...

I love the trains. Your adventures are great, I'll be watching.
Candace

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!