Monday, January 11, 2010

No T bone ordered here.....

But I got it anyway!




A Rockport resident stopped at his stop sign and then pulled into me. I had no stop sign, just driving slow cause it was a residential area and construction going on, too. I couldn't have been doing 20 mph and he was much less than that. Very apologetic, very gentlemanly, very distinguished Texan. Drove a Ford F150 very nice clean truck. He has damage to his hood and bumper. Joan got a bump on her elbow and I think I must have hit my head on the sunvisor or door, but no bump, no bruises, no blood for either of us. We were on our way to lunch after having been to the quilt store. Tomorrow we will go to the GM dealer and get an estimate. And see how long it will take to get parts and get it repaired. The campground manager has said she thinks we are good in this site till end of March if we need it. Gosh, I hope not. I just cannot believe our luck on this trip. Scooter, weather, truck. I need a vacation!!!! We are now the talk of the campground. Hooray. :(

Weather has finally improved. Sunny today and near 60. Nice enough to sit outside for awhile. Was thinking tomorrow we could drive around the area and see the sites cause it's gonna be kinda nice again, but nadda - guess I'll go and spend some time with the GM dealer.

First thing driver said was we'll go back home and get this fixed. Guess he had Bill's Auto Body on his mind.Then after he drove it, realized - may not be safe as the front tire is out of whack. And the steering wheel is turned 90 degrees. Could do a complete circle I bet. Air comes in the door window. Oh, yeah and he has to enter and exit thru the passenger side. Not a small feat for someone his/my age and body size.

OK, nuf of that-think I'll go take a nap. That should be safe, right? Unless I roll out of the bed!

1 comment:

Shari said...

So glad you are both OK. Next time order a suffle! Bahahahaha

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!