Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunny, breezy and cookin outside!

Nothing finer than having a grilled lunch....
bacon (from Plain City) wrapped shrimp (from Louisiana).  It was so good.  Followed by a prime sirloin strip steak with garlic French bread.

Speaking of food I had to try making my own gumbo.  I had the shrimp of course, so I bought a box of Zatarains with rice gumbo mix, added a bag of mixed vegetables and it turned out pretty darn tasty.  Course we are not chefs nor foodies so Zatarains was fine with us. 









Whenever driver goes out on his scooter to see things; I generally can be found doing what I love, too.  Here:
And someday I hope many more of this will be the finished product.

Here's a fact about this state of Texas.  There is no state tax paid here-the taxes that are paid are based on the value of your house and property.  If you have no property or rent-then well you know what that means -no tax for you to pay and you've beat the system.  So you see alot, and I'm saying ALOT of this down here and this is one of the better sites and happens to be in this campground. The school bus stops at the campground entrance, so kids do attend school.....but again no school taxes if you don't own property.  The majority of the trailers in this park have Texas plates and are obviously here to stay.  Makes it tough on us northerners who want to get a bit of sunshine in the winter months.

Last night we went to Los Cucos again and I had their wonderful Margarita (s).  I tried to get a picture to show you the prettiness of it.  But taking a picture in a bar takes some manipulating for light.  Flash on the camera washed out the color, but trust me it is as purdy as it is yummy.  The outside ring of the drink is red (strawberry) and the center is lime green and the whole thing is frosty.  See?  I told you it was washed out.  BTW, my real camera is still missing.  I am now using my older Sony camera cause, of course we also travel with 3 cameras.  I miss my Canon. It probaby wouldn't have done any better with this picture tho.


Anonymous likes pictures when I blog so I must apologize for taking up so much space today with nothingness pics.  But, I try to please everyone-especially when they take the time to make comments.  Thanks, anonymous and GD#1.  Nice to know you're enjoying this.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I actually didn't mean to post that anonymous - couldn't remember how I commented before so I'm coming out - it was ME!!

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!