Thursday, February 2, 2012

Swearing In

So today is the day that Dustin is officially a Navy dude.  I went with Scott to the ceremony and it was brief but cordial to family.  I saw alot of yawning young, men-up late and then early this morning (3:30 a.m.) he said.  yikes.  We were there about 10:00 and the swearing in was promptly at 010oo.  Or however the enlisted guys do that time thing.  We were able to stay for about an hour after that and take pics, visit and get details from our guy.  When we left at 11:00 the recruits were headed for the airport and will board a United flight to chicago at 0500.  Don't know what they'll be doing until then, but maybe talking or texting for their final times with their phones till after basic training.  Dustin indicated that he will be glad when basic is over.  Can't imagine why he would want to leave Chicago in March and go to Charleston, SC.   ha
Here's the pics that I took today-


It's hard to feel sad when this is something that he has looked forward to do for a long time.  He will be missed at home; but it's almost selfish of us to be sad.  We can miss him and will; but we must be happy and proud of his decision.
I hope the next time we see him he will have his hands out of his pockets!!!  Scott has more pictures that I will get from him and see if I can post. 

So that's the swearing in ceremony now let's get on with it.  See ya in Chicago, Sailor!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!