I'm happy to report that our travel day on Thursday was beautiful. Sunny and almost warm at 58. I'm posting a picture of the campsite where we were staying overnight in Texarkana. This is the site that we had to wait to have a poacher move out of the site that was reserved in our name. Then it's also where we had to unplug the coffeepot so I could dry my hair. Only 30 amp. and that normally is enough for us,but apparently because there were so many campers using the electric we really didn't have 30 amp. for us. We got the residual amt which was much less.
At any rate we did survive and arrived in New Caney about 2:30. Stopped and had catfish at Catfish King in Lufkin, TX. It was so good. Driver had shrimp. So after we arrived and got hooked up to our site and ran a few errands, (bread, propane, diesel fuel) we went to surprise our Texas fam. The only one surprised was Megan as she was the only one home. And she was surprised. Shock and awe all over her face before the hug hit. Is anything as wonderful as being hugged by grandkids and kids? Especially those whom you miss terribly? At any rate we only stayed a short time, she and Sarah both had homework and supper was in the midst of being prepared. Work and school the next day.....We'll see them again tonight, I'm sure. And then there's the weekend.
Oh, yeah I want to tell you the comments I'm getting at this campground. It's about 43 degrees here now and I am wearing my Ohio State hoodie. Bad move. Cause I'm being blamed for their winter precipitation (we call it snow up north). They are saying I brought it down here. Then one Texan who apparently lives in the campground asked me "where is Ohio in Texas?. Now them's fighting words, padner.
I'll get pics of this campsite when we are covered with snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment