Monday, February 1, 2010

Deep breath in.....Monday Monday



Here we are this morning. Since about 6:30 when Rocky came in and thought we should get up. Just waiting around for the phone call saying "Come and get it" It being the truck, of course.

It's rainy and cold here again today. No news there either.

But.....I had a dream last night. Brian (truck guy) had called to say the truck was ready. We go over there to get it and he is grinning from ear to ear, so proud! The truck doors didn't line up, they squeeked and hung crooked. To close them, you had to push on the outside of them to get them to be closed tight. The paint was not the same color as the rest of the truck. The alignment, made the truck go down the road sideways! The heated seats were now air conditioned instead of heated. Rocker panel was upside down. This good ole country boy, Brian thought his job was done and so wonderful and we were just flabergasted. Driver says that this was not a dream but rather a nightmare. So if Brian is grinning from ear to ear when we get there today, I'm just gonna turn around and drive away in the Cobalt. I'm sure you all wish that you could have dreams like I do, eh?


Yesterday we went to the grocery store again and I used my 10% off 1 item coupon (big deal I saved $1.) at the quilt store. It's a ploy to get me in there, I know that, but it gave me a reason and sometimes "just cause I want to" is not reason enough. So, I now have even more material for yet another quilt top. This one will be a larger quilt it's called the 5 yard quilt. Here's the yards that I chose for this top. The colors seem to be a bit washed out in this picture, but trust me the colors go with the focal material which is the brown underneath the red piece. Then soft teal and brown for the complimentary piece and and very soft baby soft pink for the square centers.
And that friends will be your quilt lesson for today!



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!