Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday night


and I'm stoked to watch the Olympics tonight. More anxious to watch the hockey game on Sunday tho. Have been a bit busy down here, but not with anything major or not with anything grand. I did join Curves on Monday and have been going there each morning. It's actually fun and I feel so virtuous when I exercise. I feel like I'm doing something to make it easier for me to eat the entire container of ice cream. I've done that one time-I ate the whole container and the other container took me two nights of snacking. Not so bad, but gosh that Blue Bell ice cream is to die for.






Weather here has been pretty darn nice. Not as warm as we would love for it to be, but certainly light jacket weather with sun is acceptable. Even nice enough for George to be outside with his carving stuff in hand. I'm so excited - he gave me one of his shoes. Isn't that the cutest thing you've seen in a very long time? Think about that first being a block of wood. I am in awe. I have a creative streak, but could never do that. Speaking of creating....Bev and I visited the local quilt shop the other day and got the makings for purses. So, when George and driver went to visit Scott at the plant, we decided we would sew up our purses. She brought her machine to my house (ok, trailer)and we made our purses. Here's mine:



I thought it turned out pretty good for my first purse attempt. Now I want to make a basketball size purse. This one is called grapefruit size. I figure a larger one would give me enough space for all of the "whatevers" I would think about putting in it.


Oh, more scooter news. It broke down yesterday when driver was out cruising around. He described it as "It just quit, almost like the spark plug wire had been pulled". He coasted in to a driveway. So, he calls me (for the truck) and Scott. Scott was on his way home from work and this was on his way. I get over to where they are and they load the scooter on the truck. Take it to Scott's. I go inside and watch Survivor with the fam inside. They stay outside and come in after about 20 minutes. The scooter is fixed. I say clapping my hands in excitement "Hooray, I was so worried". Guess what it was.....yep the spark plug wire came off the spark plug. So, today we had to go retrieve the scooter as it was too dark and too cold for him to ride it home last night.


Tomorrow we're going to the house for pulled pork off the Green Egg. He will put a pork butt on the grill tonight, let it smoke very slow all night long and by 1:00 tomorrow we will be sinking our pearly whites into one awesome pig sandwich. I've heard so much about the pork butts that he does on the grill, I'm anxious to try it for myself. Nothing I've had from his grill has been average. Just so you know. Be prepared to eat some great eats if/when you get to their place. Cause whatever he does on the grill is always matched by the cook(s) in the kitchen-Vickie and Megan really put on a spread that is just as tasty as the grilled fare.



1 comment:

shari said...

I'm shocked that my dad wouldn't have just checked the spark plug wire instead of needing a tow! What up with that? The purse looks nice and I've seen George's shoes - they are awesome! Step away from the ice cream.

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!