Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Horses on the trail.....

Driver headed up north today to visit the RV dealership. On the way he spots riders. So he calls me and says "get your coat on (it's 40 here today) and your camera ready and I'll be there to pick you up in a few minutes". I get in the truck and say "did you see horses on the way to the rodeo" he grinned and shook his head yes. YES! We saw pictures on the front page of the Houston paper last night of riders that were on their way to the rodeo. Apparently it's an annual event where they ride from all over the state or further perhaps to be at the rodeo.

I was so excited to see this. So here's some of the photos of the riders, the trail boss in the red truck, (with music playing)and their escorts with the flashing lights. Traffic was delayed awhile, but it was well worth it. Well, for me it was worth it.
Megan and I are going to brave the sleet and wind and go visit some of the riders tonight. They are camped out at the fairgrounds right behind the campground where we are staying. Apparently these rides are common at this time of the year and many come from far away. I hope to get some real factual details tonight and will keep ya'll informed as to what I find out. Houston rodeo can't come quick enough for me now. So excited about that.

Over the weekend George and Bev and I walked over to the fairgrounds and watched some barrel racing. Love those horses, love the cowboy hats and boots, saddles, hay and the pure smell of horse sweat. It's quite the high for me.

Happy trails...............................................

5 comments:

shari said...

Oh, I am sooooo getting excited now! I won't mention the dreams but I'll get there!

Unknown said...

maybe you should but the lot next to you and you could have some horses of your own!

Grand daughter #1 said...

Hey drew i like that idea!!!! Buy two. Then i could go and live there and work with the horses :)

Sandy Lewis said...

Now you're talking, who can build a barn?

daughter #1 said...

There's already a barn there!

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!