Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunny and 70



And it was so welcome here. But none the less Sarah and I spent the day inside the fifth wheel. She has shown a major interest in sewing but when she sews at home she sews by hand and does a really good job for being a beginner. After all she's only 9 and learning to sew by hand that says to me that she is really interested. I asked her if she was interested in making a quilt for her dolls crib. So, we stopped at WM and she picked out the material. I helped a bit with the color choices and did better helping with her colors than I did on the last one that I made. At any rate she was so in to it, we worked most of the day on this little quilt. She designed it (my idea was the strips of fabric) put the colors where she wanted them to go and decided how wide each strip should be. She started to cut but I decided that maybe if anyone cuts a finger it better be me. 9 is too young for a rotary cutter, tho I'm sure she would be OK with it, I didn't want to take a chance on returning her home with damages to the hand.



She pinned and then used the machine and sewed all the strips. I pressed the seams for her.


I feel very certain that with the material that she had left she will complete another fabulous work of art. She's talking pillow and more quilt tops. Hooray, my plan may have worked and I may have another Lewis sewer in the midst. Now she wants her dad to get her a little sewing machine like mine that she can keep in her room. And oh yeah she mentioned on the way home that she now she needs a mat and a rotary cutter cause they don't have any fabric scissors at their house. **grin**
Sarah and I had a great day and we'll probably do this again.

1 comment:

shari said...

Wow that's awesome! What fun and she looks like a natural sitting at the machine!!

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!