Sunday, March 21, 2010

Texas again in the rear view mirror

And tonight we are in a very small, very unique campground. We could throw a stone and hit I-40 east of Little Rock. So we are expecting the usual truck noises tonight. But that's OK so long as our TV doesn't blow. When we signed in the girl gave us a list of all the sites that don't work. She said I just had to add another site to the (long) list, cause a guys TV blew up. Hmmm, wish I had known that before I paid for this. We don't need that to worry about, so I don't think we'll even turn the TV on tonight. Glad to be stopped for the night. Drove/rode about 465 miles today and that's quite enough for me and Rocky. Driver said he could have driven all night. Too bad he has such wimpy passengers. We drove thru wind, rain and snow. The snow was in Texas! Penny reports that Dallas had 4-5 inches? Just incredible. 38 degrees the majority of the way, but now 44 at 7:15 p.m.



Had a great time with the family. Went to the rodeo and saw Lady Antebellum, kids swam in their pool (water temp.=70 degrees) but kids just don't care about the water temp.







The girls rode horses, boys played 360 games and went deep sea fishing, we all ate and ate and ate, saw "other side" of the family from the Houston area, Dustin bought Rock Band for his 360 game and it was immediately apparent that this family lacks musical talent. Tho, Al did real well at singing. She brought the scores up.



We went to Los Cucos for margaritas and great food and even greater entertainment. The mariachi band came and played for us and a balloon lady made Elmo for the table and he was adorable. And who doesn't love Elmo? There was so much going on each day from manicures to pedicures and Green Egg cooking it's difficult to recall each thing. But I will try to post as many pics of the trip as I can. Blogger is being incredibly slow tonight-I guess maybe it's because of the Buckeyes basketball game tonight or maybe the vote on the health bill???? Everybody is busy.


Hated to pull out of our campsite because I'm afraid "That Cat" won't have breakfast when she needs it. She continued to come to our site each morning and sometimes at night hoping for a second helping. Would like to be around if/when she has the kittens that I suspect are forthcoming. Driving to Scott's one evening we happened to look to the side of the road actually in a parking lot, couldn't believe my eyes so we turned the truck around and took pictures of this giant, black, hairy pig. I guess it's a pig - it was so fat it almost drug the ground. Just munching on weeds and grass and anything that didn't move. It was so horribly horrible I just had to take a picture.




1 comment:

shari said...

Hey I had musical talent at How Ya Doin'! Or maybe that's the last time my dad will ask me to karaoke!

Blog Archive

About Me

Ohio, United States
Retired and lovin it!