I watched as they disembark and then go the rear of the trailer and let down the ramp. And all of sudden Rocky needs to go outside. Darn. I wake him up and leash him and off we go. And we had to walk directly behind the hauler where the HD guy was about to unload. Sorry I didn't get the picture of the 3 wheeler that he unloaded but trust me; it was a beauty. She, Mrs. HD with a tatoo at the crack, comes out of the trailer and gets on the back and off they go. I did say "Hi" as we walked by and he spoke. Tho, not easily understood. Their license plate says they are from Quebec. That could explain it. And I could see the 3 wheeler in there and also of all things-a clothes line with jeans and undies hanging on the line to dry. Big Dog dries laundry.
And speaking of crowds here's looking down our avenue.
And here's our neighbor on the other side of us.......
I'm sure the place will be full tonight as there is a barrel racing competition next door at the arena going on all weekend. And the camping over at the arena is full so we are their overflow parking.
There are so very many campers here with dogs, cats, birds, motorcycles, bikes, a scooter and this.....another 3 wheeler. This one home made. Driver chatted with the owner and found that he designed and built this himself 10 years ago. He has a trailer shaped like a 3 wheeler that he hauls it in behind his motorhome. He said it has over 90,000 miles on it. They are from Wisconsin. Ain't it cute? Bet it would be fun, too.
.
While doing laundry this morning I chatted with a barrel rider who was doing his laundry. He gave me some insight on the business of racing around barrels. He races tomorrow on his 5 year old mare and I plan to go and watch. I've never known a real barrel racer before. His name is Don Adams and I hope he wins. He told me that the entry fee for this is $300. and there are over 100 entries in his class of 5 year olds alone. He did say that folks do not do barrel racing for the money won in entering shows but rather in selling a horse that is good at what he/she does can bring alot of money. He has trained his horse and she is apprently quite good as he's already had offers of potential buyers to purchase her. Says he'll wait till she wins a bit more before he would consider selling. Anxious to see her if I can find them over there tomorrow.
I hope barrel racers are just as friendly as campers, quilters and Harley riders! I know one that is.
1 comment:
Wow! That is crazy - bet dad is jealous!! If he saves all of his winnings maybe he can get a toy hauler for his HD! Whoops, too late, huh?
Post a Comment